Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to sewing

My craft project this past Sunday. Finally got one thing off my "to do" list. It's called a Sweet Treat Bag after the HoneyBun Fabric by Moda used to make it (just 10 strips of fabric 1.5" x 44").

All machine sewn except the button and velcro closure for the flap. This was something I picked up at the Bug Bee Hive weekend scrapbooking retreat back in October after watching the local quilt shop (Sweetwater Cotton Shoppe in Paynesville, MN) bring one of their samples with that Friday night to show us. The kit cost $6.00...I just had to buy some fusing, the button and the velcro, so it was an inexpensive project, and wasn't as complicated as I thought it might be.


I don't do a lot of sewing, but when I saw the finished sample I had to give it a try, and for $6.00 I wasn't going to be out much if I ruined it.

Here's the link to the PDF for the instructions...http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_sweet-treat-bag.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment